The ceremony has gone off without a hitch, and now it’s time for your guests to mix and mingle during cocktail hour to kick off the celebration! We’ve compiled a few things that will help make your cocktail hour fun for guests and uniquely you!
1. Who doesn’t love a specialty drink? Whether it’s a fun name or cool concoction, guests love to order these up and get the party started! This is also a fun way for you to incorporate something special from you and your groom into the reception, think of the first drink he bought you, or a his and her’s drinks to make it unique to you.
If you love details, don’t forget the specialty straws, stir sticks and napkins!
2. Cocktail hour is also a place to have some fun with your food! Introduce guests to the local Charleston fare, or create a custom menu that contains your favorite foods for guests to enjoy.
3. Who doesn’t love games? Most venues are either completely outside or have an indoor and outdoor component, so use it to your advantage! Add some fun to the cocktail hour with oversized lawn games or corn hole.
4. Entertain your guests! Having a DJ for your reception and want a live music component? Have your ceremony strings or a special musical guest for your cocktail hour. This can help keep costs down if you aren’t willing to splurge on a live band for the entire evening.
5. Join your guests! Consider a “First Look” that way your photos are either all finished or mostly finished before the ceremony. Guests will love to see you and chat before dinner begins!