Lowndes Grove was the perfect wedding venue for Nicole + Ryan's mid October wedding! The bride and groom to be decided to save the special moment of a first look for the aisle. Nicole made a fabulous entrance into the ceremony as her and her father drove up to Lowndes Grove's in a 1966 Ford Mustang convertable to represent her dads love for classic cars. The scrumptious bacon bar was the star of cocktail hour, and there was a picture perfect sunset that set the backdrop for the rest of the evening. The reception area was adorned with candles, chandeliers, and accents of navy, pink white, and gold pineapples! See the picture perfect details below!
Today we are sharing advice on how to be the best wedding guest!
1. Be on time: Plan ahead, and make your best effort to be on time for the ceremony! Rule of thumb: arrive at least 15 minutes early. If the weddings is being held on a weekday, give yourself a little extra time to get to the venue due to rush hour traffic.
2. Ask the planner: If any questions arise, find the wedding planner to address those questions. The bride and groom have spent countless hours planning for the perfect day, so let them enjoy their big day without being addressed with any imperfections.
3. Dress code: Read the invitation, check the wedding website, and look up the venue to find the appropriate dress code. Rule of thumb: it's always better to overdress! As the wedding day approaches, make sure to check the weather so you can prepare your outfit accordingly. Ladies, if the event is held at a plantation or outdoor venue, wedges are recommended!
4. RSVP: When you receive your invitation in the mail, promptly RSVP. The rest of the planning process depends on this, so the sooner the bride and groom know the better!
5. Enjoy: Get out on the dance floor and have fun! Mingle and have a blast at the reception, while still monitoring your cocktail intake, of course!
Hey ladies! Now that you have your prince charming, you need your girls. Here are some fun and fabulous ways to propose to your future bridesmaids!
1. Jewelry: Cute personalized cards to attach to beautiful jewelry that your girls will love. You can also purchase a special meaning Alex and Ani or a personalized bangle. Accessories are key and can also be worn on the wedding day!
2. Sweets: Admit it. You and your girls have shared sweets while watching your favorite RomCom, and what better way would it be to propose with a bouquet of Hershey Kisses? You can get personalized cookies or macaroons. You could even bake a cookie cake and “pop the question” with decorative icing.
3. DIY Coffee Mug: If you and your bff can’t survive the day without your cup of coffee, you can purchase personalized matching coffee mugs. It’ll be handy to have for the wedding and planning days ahead!
4. Pictures: You and your girls have been stuck like glue since the beginning of time, which means you have tons of pictures to commemorate those special moments. If you have a craftier side, customizing a picture frame or putting together a scrap book is a fun way to ask. Anything personalized will be meaningul and something they can always look back and remember!
5. Champagne: Champagne is our absolute favorite here at Pure Luxe Bride, so we absolutely love the idea of proposing with a bottle of champagne or wine. You could get a personalized label to put on the bottle or even a customized champagne flute!
We hope some of these ideas help you plan out the ultimate proposal for your girls! Don’t forget to be sentimental, creative, and most importantly, have fun!
On a beautiful October evening, Lea + Justin tied the knot in a gorgeous ceremony at Lowndes Grove Plantation. The couple met on the front lawn overlooking the bay for an intimate first-look, beautifully captured by Hyer Images, followed by the ceremony under a huppah dripping in floral. Guests entered the reception with gorgeous taupe draping and chandeliers to create an intimate and glamorous atmosphere. With the beautiful jewel tones of autumn in mind, the tables were set with deep teal napkins, burgundy, blush and gray florals, and accents of gold. The bar area was accompanied by green velvet couches to top off the design. Lea + Justin ended the evening with a dazzling sparkler departure as Mr. & Mrs. Sheridan!
Wedding Planning/Design/Draping | Pure Luxe Bride
Ceremony/Reception Venue | Lowndes Grove
Catering/Bar/Cake | Patrick Properties
Florist | Wild Flowers Inc.
Photography | Hyer Images
Tent/Rentals/lounge | Snyder
Lighting | TEC
China | Polished
Transportation | Charleston Style Limo
Lounge | The French Eclectic
Ceremony Music | Bob Williams
Reception Music | East Coast Entertainment: Sol Fusion
Hair/Makeup | Ash & Co.
Specialty Services| Cacky’s Bride Aid
Artist | Wed on Canvas
Wedding Dress Designer | Amsale
As the wedding day approaches, questions start to arise and your bridesmaids immediately want to text the bride to get answers. "where am I supposed to be" and "what time does that start" Today's post is 5 things all brides should tell their maids beforehand to prevent getting 21 questions the week of the wedding.
1. Timeline: Once your timeline has been finalized with your planner, be sure to share the weekend events with your bridal party and family so everyone is in the know. The timeline will have full details on where to be and what time.
2. Food: To ensure your bridesmaids don't get 'hangry', let them know what the food situation will be. If they have hair/makeup appointments early in the morning, be sure to let them know if food will be provided or if they should grab something for breakfast. It is a long day, so you need to make sure your girls are fueled throughout the day.
3. Items to bring with: Let them know what they should bring with them so they are prepared. Their dress, jewelry, change of shoes for later in the evening, makeup to freshen up throughout the day, and whatever else they might need. *Make sure your girls have their dresses and getting ready robes steamed, otherwise they will totally stand out in photos.
4. Dates: If your bridal party has a significant other attending the wedding as their date, be sure to let them know when the dates can arrive. The last thing you want is your friend's boyfriend tagging along all day during getting ready and pictures.
5. Positive attitude: This might be the most important note of all, a positive attitude will go a long way! Remember, the wedding day is about the bride! The best way for the bride to stay calm and relaxed throughout the day is to have a happy group of bridesmaids by her side. The bridal party sets the tone for how the day will go.
If our pups are our best friends, then why not bring them to your wedding? Here are five reasons why you should have your dog at your wedding (not that it will take much convincing).
1. Two Words-Puppy Outfits: They'll look adorable in their wedding day attire. Bow ties and tutus? Yes please!
2. Adorable Pics: Can we really have too many pictures of our pups?
3. Great Dance Partners: Throw your paws in the air and wave em' like you just don't care!
4. Ring Bearer: Having them walk down the aisle will bring smiles to everyone with their adorable faces. Plus, they will melt any stress away with their sweet kisses.
5. They are your #1 fan: Your doggos are without a doubt one of your biggest supporters. Having them by your side will make your day feel complete.
We hope we convinced you to bring your pups along for the special day!
On a gorgeous spring day, Lorena + Thomas tied the knot at Middleton Place. Looking fabulous in her Galia Lahave gown, Lorena walked down the aisle in a picturesque ceremony in the octagonal garden, followed by a lovely cocktail hour with music provided by a Spanish guitarist. The Pavillion was covered in blush and white florals provided by Branch, with a touch of greenery and gold accents. The head table had an amazing hanging floral installation, with a custom lace overlay, gold chargers and blush napkins. Under the tent guests partied away to Darby entertainment, with a beautiful floral chandelier, lounge groupings, and a black and white dance floor. After a fun evening, the couple departed through a sparkler tunnel as the new Mr. + Mrs. Costa!
Wedding Planner | Pure Luxe Bride
Ceremony/Reception Venue/Catering/Bar | Middleton Place
Cake | Sablee
Florist | Branch
Rentals | EventWorks
Tent | Sperry
Lighting | TEC
Ceremony Music | Classical Charleston
Cocktail Hour Entertainment | Nikoli (Other Brother Entertainment)
Reception Music | Stephen Darby
Photographer | Monika Gauthier
Videographer | Dock House Digital
Officiant | Kevin Kuehemier
Hair | Paper Dolls
Makeup | Jonny Cosmetics
Guest Transportation | Charleston Style Limo
Wedding Dress Designer | Galia Lahav
As we grow up, we realize how much our mothers are truly our best friends. They have supported us through all of our lives ambitions and have been our rock when things get tough. We at Pure Luxe Bride can't imagine going through the wedding process without them, and have created a list of special moments that a bride may share with her mom!
1. Dress Shopping: One of the most important details in your wedding is your bridal gown! We all value our Mom's opinions, and it wouldn't be the same if she wasn't there to help pick out the most important piece of clothing ever. It's such an emotional day when a mom sees her little girl all grown up in the dress of her dreams, but be warned, happy tears might (will) be shed!
2. Pre-Wedding: To calm any pre-wedding day nerves, sneak away for special mom and daughter time. A spa day will be very relaxing, and a fun memory to share! Mani pedi's, ladies lunch, a day at the beach, or anything you both enjoy to do together.
3. Getting Ready: Then, once the big day rolls around, have your stylist also do your Mom's hair and makeup. Afterwards, she can help you get into your dress and make sure everything is perfect!
3. Exchanging Gifts: One way to say thank you to your Mom is giving her a special gift to show gratitude for all her help. This could be a handwritten letter or a piece of jewelry. Just a little something extra special to show her how much you appreciate everything she has done for you growing up and with the wedding! Big or small, this will be something she'll treasure forever!
5. Something Borrowed: Incorporate a piece of your mom's lace from her wedding gown or a broach into your bouquet to add a special touch on your big day!
Selecting your venue is definitely one of the most exciting but also stressful parts of the whole wedding planning process! We know it is a very big decision, and want to help make sure you are choosing the perfect wedding location. See our top 5 tips of what to consider when choosing your venue:
Budget: First and foremost, set a budget and guest count, so you don't go looking at venues that are out of your price range or cannot accommodate your size group
Mobility: Some venues are not handicap accessible or without elevators, so be sure to weigh this option when choosing your venue if you have any guests who would have difficulty maneuvering a plantation or up the stairs
In-house food and beverage: keep in mind this also plays a part in the overall wedding budget, but can be also be a plus to have a one-stop-shop
Weather: If you are getting married in the hot summer months or dead of winter, be cautious of booking a venue that doesn't have temperature control
Location: Consider the proximity to downtown for driving time and if you want to provide transportation for your guests
Lastly, be sure to read your venues contract in full, so you are aware of all the rules and regulations before signing. Each venue has different guidelines, so be sure you are in the know of their restrictions such as smoking on property, music end time, and parking.
BORN + MADE is a custom apparel and accessories company based in New York City. Their custom high quality products are perfect for a honeymoon, shower, bachelorette party, bridesmaids gifts, special event, or corporate function. BORN + MADE is most well known for its sequined sun hats and beach bags and recently launched a variety of apparel items, including custom satin bombers and jean jackets. BORN + MADE values exceptional customer service above all else and will often work with clients to make sure products are tailored perfectly to their individual needs and events. See some of our faves below, how cute!?