The maid/matron of honor is first and foremost the bride's bestie, life-coach, and has a get-things-done mentality. The MOH plays an important role before and on the wedding day and today we have compiled a list of our top 5 duties.
1. The dress! Your honest opinion is valued, so go with the bride to help pick out her dress. Pay attention and learn how to do the bustle so you can assist if needed. Be dressed and ready before the bride begins to put on her gown on the wedding day so you can help her get into her dress and veil. Keep an eye on the train and help the bride maneuver for photos, especially if she has a big train! It will need do to be fluffed and straightened throughout the day. Lastly, assist the bride with wardrobe changes including her getaway outfit.
2. Activity Planning: Be the ringleader and help plan fun activities to celebrate the bride-to-be! Help to coordinate the Bachelorette party and fun details to make for the best trip and photos! Host or help co-host a bridal shower. For destination weddings, get into town a few days early to be there for the bride and offer emotional support. Plan a fun luncheon or happy hour the week of the wedding once the bridal party gets into town to kick off the festivities!
3. Timekeeper: A huge duty for the MOH the day-of is keeping the bride and bridal party on schedule. Keep a copy of the timeline on hand and help to make sure all of the girls are ready on time. Help keep the bridal suite tidy and keep the girls organized so the room stays neat for photos.
4. Touch-ups! Be the bride's right hand girl, helping with hair/makeup fixes, especially re-applying lipstick through the day and night. Make sure the bride is eating and staying hydrated, the nerves and excitement can sometimes overshadow this but is very important so she can enjoy the whole day.
5. Lastly, enjoy yourself! Your best friend just got married so get out there and dance! Give a meaningful toast to the newlyweds! At the end of the night, help the bride gather her items so she has everything she needs and all of her belongings make it safely back to her hotel room.