Grooms, take the wheel. Take it from her hands! It has been a common perception that the bride takes on most of the wedding planning responsibilities. There's no doubt about that. Brides may hold stronger opinions on details and decor than their grooms, but that does not exempt the groom from certain tasks.
So, grooms, we've made it easy for you! Here is a list of some of the responsibilities you can conquer as you and your beautiful bride prepare for the big day.
- Writing + practicing vows. Men, this is not a last-minute task. Take the time to thoroughly write a heartfelt message to your beautiful bride. Don't forget to practice! Read it aloud, face a mirror, shoulders rolled back, and game face on. You've got this!
- Groomsmen + Best Man gifts. Your bride has a fierce army of bridesmaids and a maid of honor she has to take care of. Lighten the load and prepare a gift list for your fellow men. We'd take a wild guess and assume you have some good ideas in mind.
- Bring sexy back. And keep it. Well, at least through the reception. Practice your dance moves and teach your bride a thing or two, too. Maybe plan a fun, choreographed dance or dance lessons so you feel comfortable on the dance floor.
- Guest list + RSVPs. It takes two for this one. With two families becoming one, this needs double the help. Grooms, stay in touch with your family, decide on the people that you would like to invite, and gather their addresses.
- Help to create menu + attend tasting: Think about what the two of you enjoy eating when you go out to dinner and have fun creating your wedding menu! Attend the tasting together, we promise this is the fun part, you won't want to miss it!
There's no doubt that the grooms can take on more responsibilities than the what's listed above but we think this is a pretty good start. Stay calm and plan on!