We thought we’d add a little extra spontaneity to this week’s Fabulous Friday by making it a Fabulous (Fit) Friday! Whether you are a go-hard gym-goer or are in the beginning stages of discovering the wonders of exercise on the mind and body, breaking out of an exercise routine a few days before the big day can alter how you feel on the days leading up to your wedding.
Since a lot of our brides come to us from outside of Charleston, putting aside an exercise routine that you have firmly followed is easy when you don’t have access to your gym. Therefore, this is a 1-hour workout that can be done anywhere. The goal, a total body workout and a dosage of exercising’s addicting endorphins. The requirements, your mind and body.
Since it is double the fun to work out with a partner, this workout includes some partner exercises that you can do with your fiance, brother, or soon-to-be sister in law! And while this workout can be done at a house, hotel room, or park, add a gorgeous view to your workout by doing it at one of these three Charleston-gems: Brittle Bank Park, Colonial Lake, Waterfront Park.
1 hour – Total Body Bridal Workout
(Slightly modified workout originally written by Whitney English, blogger for POPSUGAR Select Fitness and published in To Live & Diet in LA)
Warm up: Perform exercises 1-4 sequentially, without rest in between.
1. Jog (5 minutes)
2. Alternating Toe Touch (30 seconds)
3. Single Leg Swing (30 seconds/side)
4. Hand Walkouts (1 minute)
Cardio Circuit: Perform exercises 1-5 sequentially, then take a 1-minute break, and repeat the circuit once.
1. Jumping Jacks – 1 minute
2. High Knees – 30 seconds
3. Butt Kicks – 30 seconds
4. Squat Jumps – 30 seconds
5. Mountain Climbers – 30 seconds
Lower Body Strength Circuit: Perform exercises 1-5 sequentially, then take a 1-minute break, and repeat the circuit once.
1. Backward Lunges – 1 minute/side + 15 second pulse
2. Plie Squats with Overhead Arm Raise – 1 minute
3. Squat hold + Punch – 30 seconds
4. Squat hold + Side Stretch – 30 seconds
5. Standing Side Crunch – 1 minute/side
Upper Body Strength Circuit: Perform exercises 1-3 sequentially, then take a 1-minute break, and repeat the circuit once.
1. 10 Pushups
2. 20 Rotating T-planks
3. 30 Tricep Dips
Partner Challenge: Perform exercises 1-5 sequentially once, then take a 1-minute break.
1. Sprint to a spot + back, then partner goes
2. Repeat with side skips
3. Repeat with full skips
4. Repeat with a backward jog
5. Repeat with a final sprint
Abs Circuit: Perform exercises 1-3 sequentially once, rest for 15 seconds, and repeat all 3 exercises sequentially once.
1. Slow Bicycles – 30 seconds
2. Leg lifts – 30 seconds
3. Russian twists – 30 seconds
With partner: Perform exercises 1-3 sequentially once, rest for 15 seconds, and repeat all 3 exercises sequentially once.
1. Plank with high five – 30 seconds
2. Crunch with high five – 30 seconds
3. Back to back side plank – 30 seconds/side
- See who can hold a plank for longest!