One of the first and often hardest parts of planning a wedding is determining your wedding guest list. To make the process a little less stressful, we've come up with 8 questions to ask yourself if you're on the fence about whether you should invite someone to your wedding.
1. Has it been more than a year since you talked to this person?
Is this person in-the-know of any big events going on in your or your fiance's life. If they're not, and you answered yes to the question, an invitation is a shouldn't .
2. If I didn’t work with this person or live near them, what type of relationship would we have?
If not working with someone or living further away from them means your relationship with them would be nonexistent, an invitation is a shouldn't.
3. Have both my fiance and I met this person?
With the exception of family and friends who live far away, if you or your fiance's first time meeting a guest is on your wedding day, an invitation is a shouldn't.
4. Would I expect an invitation to this person's wedding?
If you would expect someone to invite you to their wedding, it's most likely they feel the same way! So if you answered yes, an invitation is a should!
5. Do they know the name of at least one of my pets?
This question is a personal favorite, and one that always helps our bride's! Pets are family, so if the answer is no, it's most likely a shouldn't.
6. Do I constantly spend holiday's with this person?
If you answered yes, this person has been with you during several big life events, and your wedding is another one of those. An invitation is a should!
7. If this person lives in a different state/country and you were in town, would you make plans ahead of time to see them?
If you would carve out the time to see this person on a trip, you're going to want to see them dancing at your wedding! An invitation is a should!
8. How do you feel when their name pops up on your caller ID?
If their name on your caller ID is matched with excitement, an invitation is 100% a should!
If after these 8 questions you are still on the fence about a guest, trust your gut, it knows you best!